Posts & Content
- Post Content and Media
- Post content can include text, links, images, files, code files, and rich media. Text formatting available in all post and comment text bodies.
- Full Text URL Sharing
- URL sharing supported by simple copy and paste within the post body. In-post scrape of URL full-text when possible.
- File and Image Sharing
- Media Streaming
- In-post rich media support for YouTube, Vimeo, Spotify, SlideShare, SoundCloud, Meetup, and more.
- Calendar Event Sharing
- Event sharing allows you to add an event widget to your post, including a date, time, location with a map view, description and image. When published, event widgets also include options to save to a Google calendar or download the ICS event card.
- Content Downloading
- In-post download available for all file attachments. The original quality of all files is retained through upload and download.
- Emoji Support
- Full emoji library available in all post and comment text bodies.
- Post Drafts
- Post drafting auto-saves your post as you're composing it. Post drafts can be left and revisited at anytime to publish.
Feeds & Groups
- Content Groups and Topics
- Groups allow for simple categorization of all posts on Honey. Topics allow for the simple tagging of posts within a group.
- Group Membership
- Group membership allows user to self-curate their feeds and notifications based on their interests and needs.
- Content Feeds
- Content feeds for all posts in an organization, all posts in each group, all posts in a user’s account, and a curated feed of posts from only the groups a user has joined, called My Feed. Feeds are sortable by date or popularity.
- Condensed and Visual Feeds
- Feed view toggles provide options for a condensed view or a visual view, which pulls images and file previews into an image-centric grid layout.
- Required and Featured Groups
- Groups that are mandatory for all users in the organization.
- Broadcast Groups
- Groups that send instant notifications to all members of the group.
- Read-Only & Comment Disabled Groups
- Customizable group activity prevents posts and comments in specified groups.
- Private Groups
- Customizable group privacy, either organization-wide groups or private invite-only groups.
- Comment capabilities accompanying every post.
- @mention support in all post and comment text bodies.
- Post and Comment ‘Likes’
- Post and comment likes, indicated with a heart symbol.
- In-App Notifications
- In-app activity notifications for @-mentions, comments, likes, and more.
- Profile Details
- User profiles pages — customizable profile photo, cover photo, contact info, work history, skills, language, location, social media links, and more. LinkedIn profile import supported.
- People Directory
- Easy-to-search and easy-to-browse people directory of all user profiles.
- Fully Indexed Search
- Complete search of all post and comment text, file attachments, text behind shared links, group titles, and user profiles.
Email & Notifications
- New Content Email Notifications
- Customizable new post email notifications — instant notifications, daily digests, or weekly digests — for each topic a user follows.
- Activity Email Notifications
- Customizable activity email notification for @-mentions, comments, and likes.
- Weekly Content Newsletters
- "Important Company Name News" email automatically sent to all users every Friday - includes all pinned posts, new users, and new groups.
- Email to Post & Comment
- Post email-in addresses available for all groups and topics. Comment email-in available as reply-all to new post email notifications and comment activity email notifications.
- Multiple Email Aliases
- Email alias support for email-in posting and commenting from a non-primary email address.
- Fully Responsive Mobile Web
- Fully responsive design for use on devices of all sizes — mobile phones, tablets, laptops, desktop monitors, etc.
- iOS and Android Native Apps
- Early beta version mobile apps for iOS (iPhone only) and Android available in the App Store and on Google Play.
- Mobile Push Notifications
- Customizable new post push notifications on mobile apps.
- RSS and Social Media Posting Integrations
- Integrations allow the automatic posting from third party sources, including social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and RSS feeds.
- Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box File Sharing
- File sharing integrations with Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and OneDrive.
- Google Apps Authentication
- Sign-up and sign-in integration with Google Apps.
- SAML Integration
- SSO (Single-sign-on) integrations via simple SAML integration.
- LinkedIn Profile Import
- One click profile import integration with LinkedIn.
- Honey Administrators
- An infinite number of members that have permission to edit content and settings in the organization.
- Group Moderators
- Allow a user to have admin privileges over a single group, but not the entire organization.
- Pinned Posts
- Mark a post as pinned, thereby pinning it to the top of all users’ feeds.
- Group Read/Write Access
- Set a group as full access (all members can post to it) or to read only (only admins can post to it).
- Limit Group Creation
- Set who can create new groups to anyone or admins only.
- Commenting Access
- Disable commenting in a group.
- Featured Groups
- Set a group as featured, which sorts it to the top of the group directory.
- Required Groups
- Set a group as required, which means all new users will automatically be members of the group upon sign up.
- Group Merging
- Merge one group into another — including topics, posts, followers, comments, likes, etc.
- Blocked File Types
- Block specific file types (e.g. .mov, .doc, .pdf, etc.) from being attached to posts.
- Edit and Delete Permissions
- Edit or delete any post in the organization.
- Send Invites
- Invite new users via email invite with the in-product invite button. Invites can be sent one-by-one or in a comma delimited list.
- Send Invites By Email - Generate Invite Link
- Generate an invite link that when clicked takes new users through an account set up flow landing them in the organization.
- Limited Invites
- Set who can invite external, outside domain users to a specific group to anyone or admins only.
- Set Trusted Domains
- Trusted domain that allows users with a specific email domain to automatically join the organization upon sign up.
- Remove Users
- Remove user from the organization.
- Custom Branding
- Custom branding available on all organization and group pages.
- Analytics Dashboard
- Admin analytics dashboard with real-time and historical stats about engagement, posting activity, post content, and power users.
- Post Read Counts
- In-feed post view count, which includes in-app post views and instant email notification opens. Indicated with a small eye icon.
- Analytics Data Export
- Granular data about engagement, posts, and user behavior available in a .csv export.
- Supported Browsers
- Support for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer version 10 and above.
- Posting Tools
- Browser extensions available for Chrome and Safari. Sharing bookmarklet available for all other browsers.
- Multi-Org Usage
- Single user account is able to join and manage multiple organizations.
- Single-Group Usage/Guest Members
- Group-level inviting available — allowing a user to join a specific group in an organization without gaining access to the rest of the organization’s groups, users, or content.
- Files up to 1G
- Support for uploaded files up to 1G in size.
- Unlimited Total Storage
- Unlimited total storage across a Honey organization.
Privacy & Security
- Encryption in Transit
- All data transferred to and from Honey is encrypted over industry standard HTTPS supporting 256-bit encryption with perfect forward secrecy for modern browsers. We closely monitor all cipher suites we use and adjust them as needed to provide you with the most reliable and secure data transfer.
- Encryption at Rest
- All files uploaded to Honey since mid-2015 are encrypted at rest using the AES-256 algorithm.
- Two-factor Authentication
- Additional account security is provided by two-factor authentication, which once enabled requires a token to sign in to your account. You can elect to receive this via a text message or by using a Google Authenticator compatible app.
- Third-party Security Audits
- All our web properties are regularly tested by an independent third-party security company to ensure we maintain security and peace of mind as we develop Honey.
- We use several different monitoring applications to ensure our product stays online, responsive and so that we may react quickly to any issues that may arise.
- Additional Security
- Support for many additional leading best-practices, including Strict Transport Security (HSTS) and X-Frame-Options.
- Full-coverage / full-featured API.